It happened, it really happened! I can hardly believe it! I’m finally going to be a Mom. Wow.

I was on CD35 and still no sign of AF. So that night I took a First Response Early Result hpt. Sheba and Eric were both in the bathroom with me…quite the family event! After months of negative results, Eric and I were trying not to get our hopes up. Less then a minute later a faint line began to appear. “Honey, there is a line there!” I said. He looked and hesitated a bit, “yes there is, I see it!” Sheba had no idea what was going on but knew it was good! So of course I immediately took a ton of pictures of this “pee stick” as Eric likes to call it. The next morning I took another hpt and the line was even fainter. Therefore, I went to the doctor to have a blood test so in the event I was indeed pregnant I could tell Momma on Mother’s Day with confidence.

I called Dr. Dye’s office and they were wonderful. She said she would prepare the lab work immediately so when I got there I could go straight to the lab. She even filled out an extra form in case I wanted to pay cash in order to get the results that day. So I drove there after cancelling my first appointment at work and had blood drawn in the lab. Then I sat in Dr. Dye’s waiting room for seriously what seemed like FOREVER. Then the wonderful lady behind the counter told me to come up to the window and she was smiling (which I took as a good sign). She handed the paper to me that had a big + sign on it and said “It was positive you are pregnant.” I looked at her and said “I am?” Immediately started crying in the lobby and she said “is this your first?” and all I could do was shake my head yes because I couldn’t speak. They were tears of an amazing joy never felt before and of relief from the fear that I wouldn’t be able to conceive. Everyone in the lobby probably thought I got told I got a death sentence or something since I left crying!

Then I drove straight home and woke Eric up and told him that we were going to be parents. He just smiled real big and hugged me. Of course Sheba was right by the bed! She can’t miss anything. We’ve been smiling ever since!

0 Responses to "I'm Pregnant (5-8-2010)"

Post a Comment