2:02 PM

7-14-07

Each day is full of many decisions, some big, some small; but they collaborate together to form our opinions, beliefs, feelings- our life. Even the smallest thought needs not to be taken lightly, for the result could be a subtle leading down the wrong path.

Over a recent span of time I've noticed a sudden shift. My focus has gotten off of Jesus and put on me. "What do I want? What do I need?" The farther I've gone down this road of mental tolerance and rationalization- the more empty I've become.


During lunch I opened up my Bible in hopes to feed the cravings of my starving heart. I opened up to one of my favorite book, Ecclesiastes. I was reading about how Solomon had everything- wealth, health, power, women, and favor. However, he claimed that all was meaningless, all was in vain apart from God.

Like most people, my mind is my battleground. Again I see how important it is to meditate on Gods Word everyday in order for the truth to shed light on the lies in my mind and heart. It's as though I've been sitting in idle and not protecting what God has given me.
Lord forgive me and help me keep my eyes on you. I'm thankful that You don't look at the outward appearance like humans do- but at the heart. Help me give you all that I have...again.

0 Responses to "Idle"

Post a Comment