I wonder if Eve always had the desire to control Adam. What does it mean that husbands are their wives masters? I see this desire in many women today and know that I fight being in control in my own marriage.

4 Responses to "Control in Marriage (Genesis 1-4:26)"

  1. Joshua Jones Says:

    well i think its the natural Role for a man not to be a master of his wife in the since that shes his slave but that its his duty to care for her. In the bible times women didn't have an education and relied on their husbands anyway. but even today i think most men would like their wives to stay at home and be the master of the house. Look at it this way we are the bride of Messiah and He is our Groom, we submit to Yeshua. Just because the bible asks women to submit to their husbands doesn't mean you don't have rights as a women. you can be your typical self with the rights of America at the same time you can submit to your husband and your husband can treat you like Messiah treats the Church. Isn't Messiah gracious to us and gives us what we ask. there really is no controversy here. Just love, and support your husband on his decisions. :)

  2. Unknown Says:

    I totally agree with you I just see a pattern of women controlling their men or fighting the urge to. Thoughts?

  3. Joshua Jones Says:

    well I think women have a natural urge to try and control their men. i mean even in the bible. eve got Adam to sin by eating the forbidden fruit. Salomon's wives got him worshiping pagan Gods, Theirs Ahab and Jezebel. Yeah that's my thought.

  4. Unknown Says:

    Very true.

Post a Comment