8:06 PM
Genesis 8
"The underground water sources ceased their gushing, and the torrential rains stopped." What were the "underground water sources" and are they still there? Pretty cool.
"I will never again curse the earth, destroying all living things, even though people's thoughts and actions are bent toward evil from childhood." This trumps the theory that we are born as a blank slate or toward goodness.
January 5, 2010 at 8:28 PM �
when God created the world in genesis 1 he created a firniment between the waters. so there was water covering the earth (like in the atmosphere and there was water under the earth. Most of the water isnt in the earth any more cause it now feels are oceans also the water isnt above the earth anymore either. but there is still some water under the earth. you know old faithful. at yellowstone right.
January 6, 2010 at 9:51 PM �
No, I didn't know about Old Faithful but I just looked it up and it's super cool. Eric just said "where were you in 7th grade science? Did you not learn that?" Lol. Have to learn sometime. Now I want to go there! Do you think there is a connection between it and The Flood?
January 7, 2010 at 5:00 PM �
I believe when YHWH originally created the earth it was mostly land with rivers and a few bodies of water. Also i believe there wernt any mountains. it was all flat. so when the water surrounding the atmosphere fell at the flood and the fountain of the deep broke open and water gushed from the crust. when the fountains of the deep broke this caused mountains to form all over the earth. even in the ocean there are underwater mountains. that's why you can find fossilized fish on top of mount Everest. Grand canon was made the same way except when the waters were receding. you should have joined my small group i had a lighthouse i taught on this stuff for like 3 months. :P
January 11, 2010 at 8:02 AM �
Jenny; I would like to recommend to you Panorama of Creation by Carl E. Baugh(it's small).I believe it will explain everything re:the waters and how God brought about the flood.